A modified hook design in a trusted jig head

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrTom

Reaction score
The basic head here is a Do-It Mold's Ultra Minnow Head. As the mold comes to the customer it uses a standard 570 Eagle Claw jig hook with the 90 degree leg to the eye. It also has a retaining collar at the rear of the head. I modified the mold to get rid of the collar and added a wire plastics keeper instead, then I modified the mold to accept a size 2 Wacky Hook with a 25 degree bend instead of the 90 degree jig hook. The forward position of the line tie allows this head to swim pretty gracefully and not "hop" back on the retrieve. This picture is of the 1/8 ounce size head.

I have these finished out using an air brush for the color and dipping in CS Seal Coat to seal the paint and the eyes. It has been rain and ice here today and tomorrow is supposed to be worse. The acrylic paint does not like the cold in the garage I found out even though it came right out of the house for spraying. This winter has my plastic bait making in a tither and now my jig painting is in one too for a while, just when I thought we were seeing the turn-around for some half decent spring like stuff. I can't wait for warm air.

et7iiNk.jpg

Pm sent

Sent from my ME301T using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back