Hey yall form TN

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TNbanjer

Reaction score
I am pretty new to muzzleloaders so I figured this forum was a good place to start. I have hunted for years and I used to muzzleloader hunt with my dad who passed away when I was a kid. I have always said one day I would get one of my own and hunt the woods I hunted when I was a kid with my dad, but you know, life just got in the way. I am sort of on hiatus from the working world currently and finishing a degree in aerospace engineering so I am in a position to have a little free time(very little with a toddler, 18 hours a semester, and wife works full time) and just so happen to be living in the town I was born in. Wife just bought me a Thompson/Center .50 cal as sort of a graduation/get well present. Long story short, I finished a degree in mechanical and was out celebrating with some friends when I got in a really bad motorcycle wreck and spent my summer in a wheelchair. So in lieu of getting back on my feet and agreeing to wait a little while and focus on school before I build anymore bikes wife was more than pleased to buy me a new gun and give her blessing to spend my free time in the woods where I hunted as a kid with my dad (motorcycles were the other thing we had in common. He was killed on one and I almost went out the same way this summer). I plan to make my own bullets (wife also got me the Lee R.E.A.L. bullet mold) and probably play around with making my own powder. I know almost nothing about muzzleloaders but I have casting experience and I have made black powder in the past. As an engineer I am always looking to learn new things and find ways to make my hobbies more cost effective (my 1 ton Suburban with 44"s runs on bio-diesel I make for about 47 cents a gallon) so I will be lurking and getting to learn my way around for a while and picking through threads on casting and powders. I look forward to learning from everybody and who knows, maybe even offer my own advice one day.

:D

WELCOME ABOARD :!: You'll find a bunch of knowledgeable members here that will help you with your questions. Glad you joined the group :!: :!:

Ray.......... :yeah:

howdy neighbor
there is a lot of good stuff on here. That's all I've been looking at the last few days the people on here seems to be really knowledgeable and has done their homework.
sounds like your wife is trying to keep you out of trouble.

welcome to the forum. Its good to have you here.

Latest posts

Back