new guy here

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coma44

Reaction score
New guy here, from Western Massachusetts.

Have not muzzle loader hunted in 20 years.
The group I hunt with drew tags for Colorado limited license black powder elk season.

Picked up a TC bone collector. I sited it in with Hornady FPB 350 grain bullets over 120 grains of Black Horn 209 with cci magnum primers.

Since no scopes allowed in Colorado I was a little worried. But 12 shots after taking it out of the box 2" groups at 100 yards off the bench.

Feels great to have a great gun for the first elk hunt!

WELCOME! Thanks for joining us. Great shooting and congrats on your Colorado Elk hunt drawing.

Welcome to the forum. And the best of luck in your hunt. We do like pictures and bedtime stories. So if you must, take notes. :mrgreen:

I hope you get a chance to use that Bone Collector.

Welcome to the Forum1 Glad you found us. That sure it a potent load! It will definitely hammer an Elk.

ShawnT said:
Welcome to the Forum1 Glad you found us. That sure it a potent load! It will definitely hammer an Elk.

Thanks for the welcome! The 120 grains load does have some kick but it is no worse than my old 870 pump with slugs.

I think the recoil pad and the stock design of the Thompson center bone collector works very well.

Hello there, this is a great place to be when you want to talk Muzzleloaders. I grew up and lived in Springfield, Ma before retiring to Florida. I still get back to bow hunt Vermont and Mass. Life is good when every day is your day off. Best of luck with your Elk hunt.

Some times I sits and thinks, other times I just sits.

Back