New from Washington

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biggfish

Reaction score
I've been bow hunting for five years now and after suffering an upper back and shoulder injury at work I'm n OK longer able to draw my bow. My poor excuse for a doctor says there is nothing wrong with me despite measure able loss of strength. Only solution he came up with was find a new hobby, give up hunting, and just deal with the pain. For me hunting isn't a hobby it's my life. I can still take the force of rifle shooting, but too many modern firearm guys in the woods so I bought a CVA Wolf northwest magnum waiting for it to show up. The only time I've ever used black powder in my life was making firecrackers as a kid, so this is going to be an interesting journey.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

Welcome. This may turn out to be a blessing in disguise. Muzzleloaders are a blast to shoot and even more fun to hunt with! I would recommend to start by reading the stickies in the new to muzzleloading section. And then ask away with any questions.

Again welcome aboard.

Once you get into the black powder rifle culture, you will find it very addictive. One rifle turns to two and two to four, and next thing you know you look in your gun room and scratch your head. The thing I like about black powder rifles is, there is a rifle for every one and every need. Those more modern can shoot inlines. Scoped or now scope, and they can do amazing shooting with them. Then you have the traditionalist. The cap locks and the flintlocks. All of them will do the job. Its just how you want to get the job done. Good luck with your new hobby.

Welcome to the forum and to Muzzleloading. Like mentioned this is a very addictive sport. Have not hunted with anything else for many years no matter what the season allows! :wink:

Welcome to the forum, enjoy, join in, theres a great bunch of men on here.

Sent from my ME301T using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back