New Guy Southwest Colorado

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DurangoBrad

Reaction score
I am thinking about doing a muzzleloader hunt to switch things up. I have always bow hunted and done a little rifle hunting here and there. A friend of mine from back home (where i grew up, Vermont) wants to come out and hunt elk during the rut and hes thinking a muzzleloader sounds like a good idea to up his chances of success. I started looking at muzzleloader too and it seams like another fun thing to add to the list and add to the meat in the freezer. Will probably be looking for advice on entry level muzzleloaders and maybe even into the classified here.

Im a backpack hunter out of Durango Colorado and pretty active on Rokslide. So if you need any backcountry advice let me know. I spend time out there in the winter skiing, fishing and scouting in the summer and then hunting in the fall.

Welcome! This is a great place to gain muzzleloader knowledge. There's much more to it than meets the eye... maybe too much? I linger here often but don't post much. Just trying to soak it all in. I'm active on Rokslide too...

Welcome aboard! The hunt you describe is my dream hunt some day. Good luck on your quest. There is plenty of knowledgeable folks on here willing to help. Ask away with any questions.

8)

Glad you joined the group. A lot of free knowledge here from a bunch of nice guys. I'm willing to bet that they'll answer all your questions. All you have to is post your questions.

Ray.............. :yeah:

Thanks guys! Getting excited about the thought of spending some time at the range this summer stuffing bullets down the barrel of a gun! Ive definitely got a few questions and still need to purchase a rifle. Ill try using the search function first before asking.

Welcome to the Forum! Be sure to check out the Stickies at the top of the Forums too. Tons of great info there. The Guys here are always willing to help out too.

Welcome from central Indiana , you will enjoy muzzleloading, it fills the gap between seasons,

Latest posts

Back