New to site...

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm new to the site, good to know so many are interested in muzzleloading. Currently my gun safe is home to a few smokepoles:

White Super 91 .504
White Whitetail .504
White Super 91 .451
White Thunderbolt .451
White Thunderbolt .504
Knight MK-85 .50
Knight Disk Extreme .50
Knight Disk Extreme .45
Knight Disk Elite .50
Knight Disk Elite .45
Knight MK-95 (three of them)
Knight Master Hunter .50 (two of them)
Knight Ultralite .50

All are stainless, some with laminate stocks and the others are black composite. Looking forward to learning and sharing info about the hobby (my addiction).

Leadslinger

Wow that is a fine collection! Welcome aboard.

Welcome from central Indiana, good to haveyou.

Sent from my ME301T using Tapatalk

Welcome to the board!

With that collection of muzzleloaders, I feel
Comfortable saying you are going to like it around here! :D

Welcome aboard. Good to see another MK-95 shooter!

Do you have both the 50 and 54cals?

herschel conyers said:
Welcome from central Indiana, good to haveyou.

Sent from my ME301T using Tapatalk

Great forum, enjoying all the info. Thought I knew about MZs until I starting reading the posts about different MZs, loads, accuracy etc. Looks like I need to work towards improving the loads/accuracy on several of the MZs I own.

ShawnT said:

All 3 MK-95s are .50 stainless with black composit stocks. They use the Speer LMR capsule actions, one also has the #11 ignition action (but no #11 breech plug). I liked the first one so much I bought a 2nd (wife called me loco). Years later I found the 3rd at a gun show and bought it for spare parts but it's in such good shape I can't bring myself to call it a parts rifle. :)

toytruck said:
Welcome!! Good to see you know about the White way of the sport!!

From the very first group I fired from my first Super 91, I knew I was hooked! Slinging big lead slugs into tight groups has become an addiction of mine. :yeah:

Leadslinger said:
ShawnT said:

All 3 MK-95s are .50 stainless with black composit stocks. They use the Speer LMR capsule actions, one also has the #11 ignition action (but no #11 breech plug). I liked the first one so much I bought a 2nd (wife called me loco). Years later I found the 3rd at a gun show and bought it for spare parts but it's in such good shape I can't bring myself to call it a parts rifle. :)
I here ya. My Primary 50 was my first inline. I my second 50 was bought as a Parts rifle from a pawn shop near Las Vegas, and looked like it might just be that when I got it. Breech plug was trashed (Posi-Fire) but it cleaned up pretty good with only a little spot of pitting in the rifling just in front of the BP. Put a new BP in and shoots just like the other. 8) Took me only 10 years to find a .54cal MK-95, thanks to a fellow member here that spotted it. :yeah: You are right right they are a great rifle and would not part with them. There are a hand full of us here that have them.

Latest posts

Back