Hi from Connecticut, MK85 fan

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robp572

Reaction score
Hi,

Newbie here! :)

Brand new to muzzleloaders. Not yet a hunter, I was turned on to ML by a ham radio friend, when we were chatting about the extremely long process permits take in my part of Connecticut as I'm in the process of waiting :)

I am looking to target shoot at an outdoor club with my wife. (she's a better shot)

After looking around I decided the Knight MK85 was a good first option. I purchased one that is being shipped out today from a small shop in Texas, and it looks like I will purchase another from a fellow forum member. The Texas MK seems like an older model with a blued barrel that says KNIGHT MK-85 MML INC with no logo. I would post a pic but photobucket stopped working a few months ago.

So I am looking forward to reading up and learning more from you guys, esp about affordable sight options and such. I will post pics when the MK's arrive home.

Welcome to the Forum Glad you found us. There are a lot of guys that shoot the good ole MK-85's. They are a fantastic Rifle and should serve you well.

Welcome to the group, good to have you.

Sent from my ME301T using Tapatalk

Welcome aboard. We have plenty of Knight experts that should be able to answer any question you may have that comes up. Enjoy the new adventure.

Welcome!

I just picked up a new-to-me MK-85. The quality of build and finish on the MK-85 is outstanding.

Many members on her with years of MK-85 shooting under their belt, so plenty of good resources.

Back