Hello from Canada

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jesse_l_b

Reaction score
Hi guy's, been lurking around here for the last little while so i figured i better join. I have an older, 2010 cva wolf, but friday i upgraded and bought an accura v2. I love my new smoke pole, it is a dream to shoot. Right now im shooting the barnes 300 copper bullets over 100 grains of ff goex. I may take the plunge and go blackhorn after this years deer season. Anyways have a good evening gents.

Hello and welcome from central Indiana. Enjoy your new rifle.

Sent from my ME301T using Tapatalk

Hows life in the cold north? I'm a new member myself,have enjoyed the info i've found on here.welcome aboard.

Welcome aboard! Hope you get to test the new gun and the Barnes on a deer or two this fall. I've always had great luck with those bullets.

You will love your CVA V2 I have 2 V2's and a CVA original all 50 cal and a 50 cal TC Pro Hunter all have the Spanish barrels. If you go to Black Horn 209 you won't go back. Very clean, I have shot as many as 30 shots without cleaning. You can actually shoot so fast that the barrel will heat up and cause group creep. I shoot BH 120 grs with the Parker 250 gr Ballistic Extreme kick butt bullet. At 100, 200 yards 5 shots are cutting holes and at 300 yards 5 shots all easily covered With the bottom of a beer can ( empty of course) LOL. With that bullet, 120 grs BH I get 2300-2340 fps. with my Remington 700 Ultra MZL over 2400- 2460 fps.. ish. I don't even hunt center fire anymore.

I have side locks but they look better on the wall. Also if you can get them, can mail order, try the Federal B.O.C Lock 270 copper and they also have a 290 I believe but that is lead.
In my previous posts I was off on bullet FPS, For a muzzle loader these are kick butt.

Bear Killer ( Lee)

Latest posts

Back