Bear Killer B&C

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello everyone My Name is:
Lee I'm 70 years old hunt big game every year. I live in AZ 35 plus years, hate the summer heat. I am a Southern born Rebel from Virginia. Been hunting sense 9 years old. Retired Military of 25 years First Sargent and 20 years as a Weapon System Engineer. 2013 I took a 7' 4" over 600 pound Black Bear Boone and Crockett. Measured 21 and 12/16. CVA V2 50 cal 120 grains of Black Horn 209, 250 grain Barns easy load, at 250. Dropped him in his tracks, never took a step. In AZ area 3C just off the Apache Reservation. Ranked 19 for that year out of at least 100 entries. I only hunt now with in line muzzle Loaders. Looking forward to an up coming Elk hunt in AZ in 5B South, taking my new Remington 700 Ultra MZ. Shooting the federal new R.O.C Lock 270 grain bullets with 130 grains of BH 209. This bullet give me 1 1/2" sub MOA at 300 yards.
Bear Killer

Like to here about us old timers geting out there and puting them down,keep on hunting.

Welcome from central Indiana, borned in 45, so I guess im an old timmer too.

Sent from my ME301T using Tapatalk

Welcome fellow Arizonian, you will enjoy it here

Have always wanted to harvest a big old bear,hinse my post name BEARMAN 49.not sure if it will happen but havn't gave up on the idea yet.welcome to the forum.

Checkout AZ we have big Bears. Area 3C near Heber just off the Apache Indian Reservation. Steep Canyons for us young guys 50 to 60 deg inclines. Lots of mountain Lions to.

Bear Killer B&C said:
Checkout AZ we have big Bears. Area 3C near Heber just off the Apache Indian Reservation. Steep Canyons for us young guys 50 to 60 deg inclines. Lots of mountain Lions to.

That is my go to unit for any game, it's just a hit and miss with the draw

My Bear according to Game and Fish by pulling a jaw tooth and counting the rings, like a tree, is 9 years old. His coat is steel blue and not a blemish or faded anywhere. He is 7' 8" over 650 lbs. His head measure 21 and 12/16 missing the state record by 4/16 or an 1/8 of an inch. The taxidermist boiled his head instead of a bug box. Other taxidermist tell me by boiling his skull it caused shrinkage to be over 1/4 that he cost me the state record. BUT! He and me are in Boone and Crockett ranking of all entries for the that year to be # 20 out of several entries. For Arizona in the state record book ranking sense 1969 #18 of all the records entries. So I'm a happy camper having got that far :yeah: He is now a beautiful Rug wall mount.
Bear Killer B&C

I don't have the stats sheet on him in front of me but I'm sure not far off. :partyman:

Hac said:
Bear Killer B&C said:

That is my go to unit for any game, it's just a hit and miss with the draw

In that unit there are a ton of ambush places if you know where they are. a good place is crossing from I believe 2A across the road. You hunt there you know the road. Might be 3B. Don't matter a lot because all three are in that hunt. Otherwise find the back road in those unis close to the Res. Early morning, late evening. That's where my Bear came from. Dropped him coming out OFF the Res not 50 yards. Going to a stand of Oak trees to fatten up on the arcerns. Sorry I'm from the south, rest of you Acorns. :huh?: :partyman:

Back