Greetings from South Dakota

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Satokad

Reaction score
Hello Folks,

I am brand new to muzzleloading. I bought a CVA Optima V2 and am looking forward to my first hunt (season opens in 10 days).
Lots of information to digest and I am looking forward to learning from your experience. I really like what I have seen so far and the options for different types of ammo and powder.
Thanks in advance for answering all the questions you've likely heard a dozen times or more (and I will try to find the answers on existing threads first).

-Satokad

Welcome to the group. Good to have you join in.

Sent from my ME301T using Tapatalk

Thank you kindly. Looking forward to it. I haven't fired the Optima yet and I'm already having fun. Might be taking out here shortly just to give it a whirl.
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.

Welcome to the forum...I have a V2 and shoot 100 grains BH209 (by weight), 300 grain Hornady XTPs (non-mag), Harvester green crush rib sabots and Winchester W209 (blue box) primers. Works great! Accurate load, very clean primers and reliable.

Re: RE: Re: Greetings from South Dakota

halloflin said:
Welcome to the forum...I have a V2 and shoot 100 grains BH209 (by weight), 300 grain Hornady XTPs (non-mag), Harvester green crush rib sabots and Winchester W209 (blue box) primers. Works great! Accurate load, very clean primers and reliable.
100 grains (by weight) is a really stout load there Hal.

100 grains volume (weighed 70 grains) .

Latest posts

Back