Greetings from South Dakota

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Satokad

Reaction score
Hello Folks,

I am brand new to muzzleloading. I bought a CVA Optima V2 and am looking forward to my first hunt (season opens in 10 days).
Lots of information to digest and I am looking forward to learning from your experience. I really like what I have seen so far and the options for different types of ammo and powder.
Thanks in advance for answering all the questions you've likely heard a dozen times or more (and I will try to find the answers on existing threads first).

-Satokad

Welcome to the group. Good to have you join in.

Sent from my ME301T using Tapatalk

Welcome aboard. Good luck on your first season.

Thank you kindly. Looking forward to it. I haven't fired the Optima yet and I'm already having fun. Might be taking out here shortly just to give it a whirl.
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.

Welcome to the forum...I have a V2 and shoot 100 grains BH209 (by weight), 300 grain Hornady XTPs (non-mag), Harvester green crush rib sabots and Winchester W209 (blue box) primers. Works great! Accurate load, very clean primers and reliable.

Re: RE: Re: Greetings from South Dakota

halloflin said:
Welcome to the forum...I have a V2 and shoot 100 grains BH209 (by weight), 300 grain Hornady XTPs (non-mag), Harvester green crush rib sabots and Winchester W209 (blue box) primers. Works great! Accurate load, very clean primers and reliable.
100 grains (by weight) is a really stout load there Hal.

100 grains volume (weighed 70 grains) .

Latest posts

Back