new member from s.e. michigan (irish hills)

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

encore007

Reaction score
good evening everyone I hope things are going well for you. I have 2 t/c/ smoke poles. 1. t/c/ 50cal encore and 2. t/c/ omega 50cal. I have been hunting with the omega since I got it. I am going to take both to the gun range soon. I have read a lot on sabot,s and powder,s. I have shot the the power belts and I am not happy with them at all. the DO disintergrate just inside the entrance hole. the exit is the same size too. so I am into moving to a sabot and blackhorn 209 powder. but am unsure on how to convert volume to grain weight. I love shooting my omega and would like to start shooting the encore. and comments on sabots and or powder I would like to read. thank you all and hunt safe and shoot straight. jim

Welcome Jim.
Find yourself some 300 grain .452 XTP bullets and some crushes ribbed sabots and load 100-110 grains (volume) of blackhorn 209. I have set up a handful of Omegas and they all like that combo.

Welcome from central Indiana. 100 grains volume= 70grains weight.

Sent from my ME301T using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum. You will learn much here. My Omega also likes the 300 grn .452 dia xtp. It also does well with the Barnes Tez.

Back