Greetings from Ohio!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dragonfly

Reaction score
I'm 66 yrs young and can still get up a tree stand :D I've taken many deer with my Omega over the years using whatever supplies were left on the shelf at the sporting goods store. Different powder, bullets, primers whatever. Didn't seem to matter much cause I was shooting mostly inside of 100 yds and the rifle always got the job done. My old uncle used to say "If you can hit a paper plate at a hundred...you can kill a deer" and he was right. :yeah:

Now, after finding this forum and since this old retired guy has more time on hand, I'd like to see just how good I can get this Omega to shoot. I've already decided to try BH 209 and have ordered an assortment of different bullets and sabots. Now if the temperature will get above freezing, I might get some trigger time at the range. :applause:

Thanks for letting me into the forum!! :partyman:

Welcome from central Indiana. There's a bunch of good info here. Enjoy

Sent from my ME301T using Tapatalk

Welcome aboard! The Omega is a fine rifle and mine has put many deer in the freezer for me as well.

What bullets/loads are you planning on trying?

Thanks for the welcome! I'm most interested in trying BH 209 with the Barnes T-EZ 250gr. I read somewhere that this bullet is a good fit in TC rifles. Comes with a blue sabot. Got some crush ribs to try also. Also I've got some XTP's and Shockwave Mags. Should be fun when it warms up a bit.

Welcome to the Forum, from a fellow Buckeye. Well misplaced Buckeye, from SE Ohio myself. Great to have you. Lots of great Guys and plenty of info shared freely here. :yeah:

Latest posts

Back