Hello from South Texas

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crotalus

Reaction score
My name is Cary Voss, and go by Crotalus on the forum. I have been into muzzleloaders for about 10 years, and have lurked here in the past, but decided to officially jump in.

I have a 54 Great Plains flintlock, and since I also flintknap, I make my own flints. I have a Lymans Mustang 50 caliber which I plan to use with a Sightmark night vision scope to pop piggies after dark. I have a Mowrey EthanAllan 54 caplock, that I finally shot for the first time this month. And finally i have a Contender G2 209x45 that was cut down to a 14" pistol barrel. It's deadly with sabots out to 50 yards.

Part of the reason I'm joining is to get some help finding a spare breech plug for the Contender G2 209 x 45. They haven't been made in years, no one has them in stock, and the folks I talked to at TC seem clueless about the situation. They have provided inaccurate part numbers.

But I'm mostly here to learn and share knowledge, experience, and tall tales when appropriate.

Thanks,

Cary aka Crotalus

Welcome to the group. Wish we had some of that south texas weather up here in Indiana. Enjoy the group.

Sent from my ME301T using Tapatalk

Back