"Canned deer meat" how to use??

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wolfer

Reaction score
Well was cleaning out the freezer and daughters father in law wanted some deer meat and I gave him a cooler full of last years cuts. He cubed and canned 3 cases of quarts from it. I got 1 case and now how to use it? I've never used canned deer meat but thinking it goes into soup, stew and chili really quick and easy. Any recipes or suggestions? W

Re: "Canned deer meat" how to use??

Noodles? Rice? Anything really.

Emrah

Dump in pot, heat, add gravy packet, pour over noodles or potatoes and enjoy!

I like to take frozen mixed vegetables, and the canned deer meat in a pot. SLOWLY warm the vegetables and deer meat. Then as it cooks it reduces. I like to pour that over rice. Man that is good eating.

Dave we do all most the same thing but we put 2 packs of AU JUS with it and let it reduce down then make sandwiches out of it. :yeah:

I grew up on canned deer meat. Mother had a lot of ways to cook it, and I ate every one of them. She used to make a brown gravy and canned deer meat that we'd put over potatoes or we'd put it over homemade bread... man that was good!!

Back