CAUTION!!! - This is an open forum. The views and/or practices expressed herein are NOT APPROVED by ModernMuzzleloader.com and may be inaccurate and/or unsafe. Therefore, all information and advice provided by the participants of this forum should be considered with extreme caution and verified prior to implementation. For correct muzzleloading procedures please refer to your Owner’s Manual or contact the respective manufacturer.

21 is the magic number

For posting wild game and fish recipes.

Moderator: Senior Moderators

MrTom
Veteran
Veteran

21 is the magic number

Postby MrTom » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:46 am

I just finished with my venison summer sausage. 21 - 1 1/4 pound chubs will help my snack time out immensely. Now I move on to the ring bologna. Then the hot dogs. Every bite of the summer sausage so far has resulted in my thanking God for a couple of very good eating deer this fall. Not one iota of gaminess....even the lady of the house says its good and that right there is quite a measure. lol

Waltons "H" summer sausage seasoning, 1/2 pound of soy protein powder, 10 ounces of powdered buttermilk, three cups of distilled water, 18 pounds of clean venison trim [no silver skin or tendons] and 7 pounds of clean trimmed pork shoulder including the fat.

This turned out seriously good this year.

Return to “Wild Game/Fish Recipes”