such a pretty sight...

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrTom

Reaction score
....kinda like candy with a kick.

xh63r4y.jpg

The hot dogs are smoking right now....the first batch. The second gets the treatment tomorrow.

Mr Tom,

Those look amazing! :drool: :drool: :drool:

Are you making all these "Sausages" out of Venison?

Yes sir. Years ago I got toasted on a big buck I took to a processor to have sausage done and said never again. I started cutting my own deer and then got the itch to make sausage about thirty years ago and have been tinkering ever since.

These sticks have ample black pepper in them but not to a point that its over-whelming. No red pepper at all. They're spicy, but not hot. I wasn't going to do any sticks this fall but had a 11 pound bag of clean trim left after doing the summer sausage, ring bologna and now hot dogs, so I add a couple pounds of left-over pork trim to it and stuffed them up. Spendy little snacks even making them myself....the casings are a killer on cost.

These have turned out very good and are in the garage on a hanging rack to dry a few days then the chewing will begin.

I can see right now that we are going to have to go crappie fishing next spring, if you have any of those smoked delicacies left.

Sent from my ME301T using Tapatalk

Back