deerburgers

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

braintanned

Reaction score
a very simple favorite of mine is to make big deerburgers with a handful of chopped onion and hot peppers in the middle-the "stuffing" keeps the inside moist and compliments the venison taste without overpowering it-it's good cold the next day at lunch too.

Oh come on Grouse, you got to have peppers :twisted:

You don't wanna be in the tent with me if I have the peppers. I occasionally do add a few capers in though :wink:

The best cheeseburgers in Lexington KY are at a little country store just north of the city. It sits in the middle of several thoroughbred farms and there are a lot of immigrant workers that frequent the place. I noticed they were ordering their cheeseburgers w/ jalepenos. i tried it, will never eat a cheeseburger plain again. Will definitely try the deerburger. Thanx for the tip.

Chopped onions, chopped marinated jalepenos and a splash of worchestersire sauce. Adds moisture and great flavor to the meat.

"Eat enough hot peppers and you'll never have worms." (Old Hunter's Proverb) :D :D :D

I was just reading this thread and was wondering about Fordfisher's reply. Let me see. Lexington KY. Isn't that race horse country? HMMM.
What else was in those cheese burgers :? :shock: :)

I always add about 10 percent bulk pork sausage to my V burger cause I like the spices that are in the sausage and the fat helps hold the meat together, makes great burgers

Jalepenos make a bad burger good. I made a meat loaf out of 100% Deer Burger, turned out good, yes I added peppers. It was funny, eating mea :lol: t loaf and knowing it wasn't bad for ones health!
Joe

braintanned said:
a very simple favorite of mine is to make big deerburgers with a handful of chopped onion and hot peppers in the middle-the "stuffing" keeps the inside moist and compliments the venison taste without overpowering it-it's good cold the next day at lunch too.

Now that has been a favorite of mine for a long time...delicious!!

When I make a venison burger, I take and add about 1/4 pound of seasoned pork sausage (the cheaper the better) to a heavy pound of venison ground. Then I add a half cup of chopped onions or the dried minced onions. My friend adds 1/4 cup of barbecue sauce..which is all right, but I add a table spoon of worcestershire sauce.

Then I like to let all of that sit over night in the refrigerator so the flavors mix together. When I cook it, I use a gas grill and cook them to an internal temperature of 160? or better, then lay a slice of American Cheese on top of those. When the company is around, they disappear as fast as I can cook them. Even with those that "hate" venison and can tell it over beef...

Cheesy Deer Camp Burgers

2 lbs Ground Venison
? teaspn Salt
? teaspn Black Pepper
? tblspn Garlic, minced
1 teaspn Onion Powder
2 Eggs, beaten
? Cup Bread Crumbs
? teaspn Worchestershire Sauce
1 teaspn Tony Chachere?s creole Seasoning
2 slices American Cheese, broke into 4 smaller squares

Combine all ingredients together in bowl, mix well with your hands. Make into fist size balls & flatten into patties. There should be a bottom pattie & a top pattie for each burger. I place 4 small squares of american cheese between each pattie. place the top pattie on and pinch to seal completely around. Season the outside "both sides"with your favorite seasoning, mine is Coopers BBQ Seasoning out of Texas. On hot grill cook 4 1/2 to 8 minutes on each side or til done. Careful cheese is hot melted and will burn ya.

Add what ever condiments you like.

The guys @ deer camp said these are the best dang burgers they ever had
extra444.jpg

extra446.jpg

extra447.jpg

extra449.jpg

Venison Burgers with "Texas Boars" Twist

1 1/2 lbs Ground Venison
1 Onion , finely chopped
1 Egg
1/2 cup Bread Crumbs
2 tblspn Tomato Paste
1 tblspn Worcestershire Sauce
1 tblspn Dried Parsley
2 tblspn Mexican Spice
Salt & Pepper to taste

Canned Whole Green Chiles
2 Slices of Pepper Jack Cheese
Pineapple slices grilled 6

For burger prep: combine venison, onion, egg, bread crumbs, tomato paste, worcestershire sauce, dried parsley salt & pepper in bowl. Mix well. Divide mixture into 6 burger shape patties, about 3/4" thick.
Grill burger patties 3 to 4 minutes on each side , mover to cooler side after 4 minutes, add whole green chiles, topped with cheese and pineapple slices topped with "Pico de Gallo"

Pico de Gallo
3 medium Tomatoes, chopped
1/3 cup Red Onion, chopped
2 Cloves Garlic, minced
1 Lime, juiced
1/2 cup Cilantro, chopped
1 Serrano or Jalapeno Pepper, seed, devined and chopped
Salt & Pepper to taste
in bowl mix tomatoes,onion,garlic,serrano or jalapeno pepper, lime juice, and cilantro salt & pepper. Blend well
to build burger
Add Venison Patty, add, Whole Green Chile, topped with Pepper Jack Cheese, Slice of Grilled Pineapple topped with Pico de Gallo

Mexican Spice
1/4 cup Paprika
2 teaspn Cayenne Pepper
2 tblspn Salt
2teaspn White Pepper
2 tblspn Black Pepper
2 tblspn Garlic Powder
2 tblspn Chili Powder
2 tblspn Ancho Chili Powder
2 tblspn Dried Oregano
Combine all ingredients

Note these particular burgers are 3/4 lbers

100_1175.jpg

skamaniac said:
Chopped onions, chopped marinated jalepenos and a splash of worchestersire sauce. Adds moisture and great flavor to the meat.

Sounds like my trips to Five Guys Burger and Fries!

Love the grilled onions and grilled jalapenos with burgers. I also like to add a dash or three of Chipotle-flavored hot sauce of the Cholula brand. Killer! (Chipotle pepper is just smoked jalapeno).

Back