CAUTION!!! - This is an open forum. The views and/or practices expressed herein are NOT APPROVED by ModernMuzzleloader.com and may be inaccurate and/or unsafe. Therefore, all information and advice provided by the participants of this forum should be considered with extreme caution and verified prior to implementation. For correct muzzleloading procedures please refer to your Owner’s Manual or contact the respective manufacturer.

replacement barrel for t/c renegage

If you need any technical help, please ask! Also if you are having issues with the forum please let us know about it. No longer open to guest posts.

Moderators: halloflin, Senior Moderators

buckyneb

replacement barrel for t/c renegage

Postby buckyneb » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:22 am

I have an older t/c renegade 54 caliber that needs a new barrel. Looking at possibly going with a .45 fast twist of some kind for a replacement barrel on the renegade. However it looks like the odds of finding a drop in replacement barrel with a fast twist are small.

Wondering what everyone's thoughts are on getting a fast twist 45-70 bpcr barrel and having a gunsmith fit the t/c breech plug to the barrel. I know the barrel pin/lug would need to be milled into the barrel. Has anyone else tried this. If so what were the results. Just wondering if this is possible.

thanks

ShawnT
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel

Re: replacement barrel for t/c renegage

Postby ShawnT » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:26 pm

Have you looked at Oregon Barrels (The Gun Works Muzzleloading Emporium)? They make about any twist you want.

http://www.thegunworks.com/custprodgun. ... me=Barrels
ShawnT

NRA and NAHC Life Member
Knight Ultra Light 50 Cal
Knight .54 cal MK-95 Magnum Elite Stainless Camo
2 Knight 50 cal MK-95 Magnum Elites Stainless Black
Knight KRB7 Blue/Black 50 cal.
Knight MK-85 Stalker Blue/Black .54 cal
Knight LK-93 .36 cal. Blue Black
Ridgerunner Inline.32 cal

bubba.50

Postby bubba.50 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:28 pm

there's a Green Mountain 45cal LRH(long range hunter) fast twist barrel to fit Renegades on Gunbroker right now.

with a "buy now" price it is a bit spendy but, I doubt you could buy a good blank & have all that custom work done any cheaper.
-------"HEY BABY, WANNA SEE MY KITE?"------- 8)
------------------Ben Franklin---------------------

ma says we can't date no more...............but we can still be cousins! :twisted:

bubba.50

Postby bubba.50 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:30 pm

meant to say 'with a "buy now" price of $269.00'
-------"HEY BABY, WANNA SEE MY KITE?"------- 8)
------------------Ben Franklin---------------------

ma says we can't date no more...............but we can still be cousins! :twisted:

buckyneb

Postby buckyneb » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:29 pm

Thanks for the heads up on gunbroker. I will have to check that out. Oregon barrel company is a name I had not heard before either.

Return to “Help Forum”