CAUTION!!! - This is an open forum. The views and/or practices expressed herein are NOT APPROVED by ModernMuzzleloader.com and may be inaccurate and/or unsafe. Therefore, all information and advice provided by the participants of this forum should be considered with extreme caution and verified prior to implementation. For correct muzzleloading procedures please refer to your Owner’s Manual or contact the respective manufacturer.

If you need any technical help, please ask! Also if you are having issues with the forum please let us know about it. No longer open to guest posts.

Moderators: halloflin, Senior Moderators

KodiakHunter

Postby KodiakHunter » Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:41 am

I would like for you guys to provide many more practical pictures that a guy would select for AVATARS.

When it comes to "people", not many guys are going to select a woman.

When it comes to animals, most guys are thinking "to hunt", they therefore will not pick cute little bears, or squirrels, or puppies.

Give us some grown wild animals, huge bears growling, daring or threatenting-looking wolves, Mountainmen holding muskets, Indians in war paint, unshaved cowboys, or deers in crosshairs. You know, something a guy would want to use.

Either that, or fully explain step by step in detail how we can retrieve the image for the AVATAR, from our own computers.

Once we do upload our AVATAR, is it then possible to enlarge it?

Thank You
~ Let No Citizen Come Between A Man and His Muzzleloader ~

sabotloader
Administrator
Administrator

Postby sabotloader » Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:52 am

KodiakHunter

You can upload your own picture to a host and use the picture of your choice for your avitar..
Keep Shooting Muzzleloaders - They are a Blast

cayuga
Administrator
Administrator

Postby cayuga » Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:12 pm

An avatar can only be so many pixels in size. Any more then that and they will not load. So you might have to play with the thing a few times to get it right. I have mine loaded through photobucket.
My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.

Also, my short-term memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

mattloflin
Technical Support
Technical Support

Re: Avatars

Postby mattloflin » Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:10 am

Updating an old post here - I have increased the size for Avatars from ~14kb to close to ~45kb. Given our increased space on the server and the influx of logos, memes, icons, etc. in the last couple of years I figured it was about due.

Let me know if you have any issues - I agree the "stock" photos are not that great.

Hint: You can go to Google and search for pictures and set their size to 140x140 (pixels) and download them to your computer finding one that is <~45kb and upload it.

Example: https://www.google.com/search?q=deer&safe=off&hl=en&biw=1920&bih=985&site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=lnt&tbs=isz:ex,iszw:140,iszh:140&sa=X&ei=2CggUrC6NOaeiQLBy4CgBQ&ved=0CCoQpwUoBQ
- Matt

Fixer of Things Broken.

Return to “Help Forum”