CAUTION!!! - This is an open forum. The views and/or practices expressed herein are NOT APPROVED by ModernMuzzleloader.com and may be inaccurate and/or unsafe. Therefore, all information and advice provided by the participants of this forum should be considered with extreme caution and verified prior to implementation. For correct muzzleloading procedures please refer to your Owner’s Manual or contact the respective manufacturer.

Locating issue

Tell us how you like the board or offer suggestions.

Moderator: Senior Moderators

bigge_al

Locating issue

Postby bigge_al » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:53 pm

I had bookmarked the forum and when coming back on the forum there was some issue with the address. I rebookmarked and the redirect did not work either.
.45 CVA Kentucky Pistol
.45 CVA Philadelphia Derringer
.44 Pietta Navy Revolver
.50 T/C Hawkins
.50 T/C Renegade
.50 American Knight

halloflin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Locating issue

Postby halloflin » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:52 pm

bigge_al wrote:I had bookmarked the forum and when coming back on the forum there was some issue with the address. I rebookmarked and the redirect did not work either.

Your computer is probably using the old link that is cached in your internet files and trying to go to the old site. Click on this on, save it and use it from now on:

http://www.modernmuzzleloader.com/forum

There is still a little clean up going on and we are working through some minor glitches and they should be worked out very soon.

Thanks, Hal
“When a hunter is in a treestand with moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God.” Fred Bear

GM54-120
Administrator
Administrator

Postby GM54-120 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:58 pm

The old board was at http://www.modernmuzzleloader.com/phpbb

The new board was moved to a slightly different spot, as Hal stated..... http://www.modernmuzzleloader.com/forum

Click the link, login and "bookmark it" aka "add to your favorites".

Then delete the old bookmark when you have it working.

cayuga
Administrator
Administrator

Postby cayuga » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:26 pm

I had the same problem. So I deleted all my history and cookies. Then I brought in the new one, and switched it for the old one. Everything is fine. I hope the members will not have problems finding the new address. When I tried the OLD address I get an error message of there is no such sight.
My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.

Also, my short-term memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

halloflin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby halloflin » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:43 pm

cayuga wrote:I had the same problem. So I deleted all my history and cookies. Then I brought in the new one, and switched it for the old one. Everything is fine. I hope the members will not have problems finding the new address. When I tried the OLD address I get an error message of there is no such sight.

Matt is still working on some minor maintenance issues and part of it is to re-direct the old site to the new should anyone go there. If you Google the forum it goes to the new forum. The only issue is the cached links to the old site in peoples computers. What cayuga did is one way to take care of this issue.

I changed hosting companies and have not taken down the old site just yet. I want to make sure that we are good to go before I kill it. I have had several members email me about this and I have given them these instructions and the new link.

This is part of a major software upgrade and change of hosting service in order to bring the site into 2013 with the newest software version. Honestly it has gone much smoother than I expected and Matt made it happen in just over 48 hours...pretty amazing IMHO.
“When a hunter is in a treestand with moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God.” Fred Bear

GM54-120
Administrator
Administrator

Postby GM54-120 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:00 pm

That was an awesome job. Ive been through a couple other forums and big upgrades. None went as well as this one and some didn't even change hosts. They just upgraded software on the same server and it took longer.

Great job Hal.

halloflin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby halloflin » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:26 pm

GM54-120 wrote:That was an awesome job. Ive been through a couple other forums and big upgrades. None went as well as this one and some didn't even change hosts. They just upgraded software on the same server and it took longer.

Great job Hal.

The only credit I deserve is getting my wife pregnant with Matt!!! :lol: I had him look at the forum, give me some suggestions, and then cut him loose. He deserves all the credit.

The sad thing is, he doesn't even own a muzzle loader but will inherit some nice one's one day.

bigge_al

Postby bigge_al » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:26 pm

I love the change :D I was just posting an issue I ran into just to make mods aware. I had no problem after rebookmarking.
.45 CVA Kentucky Pistol
.45 CVA Philadelphia Derringer
.44 Pietta Navy Revolver
.50 T/C Hawkins
.50 T/C Renegade
.50 American Knight

03mossy

Postby 03mossy » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:58 pm

GM54-120 wrote:That was an awesome job. Ive been through a couple other forums and big upgrades. None went as well as this one and some didn't even change hosts. They just upgraded software on the same server and it took longer.

Great job Hal.

Big kudos to your boy Hal. I have also seen a few forums switch over and it has never gone this smooth. But we have to fix this whole "doesn't even own a muzzleloader" thing.
T/C Omega .50
White Lightning .50
Knight Mountaineer .45 1-20"
Knight Littlehorn .50
T/C Firehawk .54
Apparently I have no brand loyalty...anybody got a CVA for sale... :think:

barkbuster
Veteran
Veteran

Postby barkbuster » Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:44 am

Hal,
Great job from you and Matt. I like the added features.
Dave
Dave

sabotloader
Administrator
Administrator

Postby sabotloader » Thu May 16, 2013 11:09 am

Still in all - in all of the changes that have occurred and are occurring it is working really well on this end...
Keep Shooting Muzzleloaders - They are a Blast

Return to “Suggestions and Comments”