CAUTION!!! - This is an open forum. The views and/or practices expressed herein are NOT APPROVED by ModernMuzzleloader.com and may be inaccurate and/or unsafe. Therefore, all information and advice provided by the participants of this forum should be considered with extreme caution and verified prior to implementation. For correct muzzleloading procedures please refer to your Owner’s Manual or contact the respective manufacturer.

Opening links

Tell us how you like the board or offer suggestions.

Moderator: Senior Moderators

oldfox
Veteran
Veteran

Opening links

Postby oldfox » Wed May 22, 2013 2:39 pm

If I recall correctly, the old forum used to open links in another tab, and not take you away from this page. This seemed a lot more convenient, as you could keep referring back to the previous page. Can this be done with the new software?

halloflin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Opening links

Postby halloflin » Wed May 22, 2013 4:07 pm

oldfox wrote:If I recall correctly, the old forum used to open links in another tab, and not take you away from this page. This seemed a lot more convenient, as you could keep referring back to the previous page. Can this be done with the new software?

Your right oldfox...It isn't a big deal to me, I just hit the back button and it takes me right back but I will do some research in the settings and see if I can change it. Thanks for pointing it out. Just trying to make the site better.

Hal
“When a hunter is in a treestand with moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God.” Fred Bear

cayuga
Administrator
Administrator

Postby cayuga » Wed May 22, 2013 4:08 pm

To view the new! Iink, right mouse button click holding the cursor over the link. Then from the scroll down menu select open in new windows or tab.
My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.

Also, my short-term memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

halloflin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby halloflin » Wed May 22, 2013 4:13 pm

cayuga wrote:To view the new! Iink, right mouse button click holding the cursor over the link. Then from the scroll down menu select open in new windows or tab.

AH HA! That works. Thanks cayuga
“When a hunter is in a treestand with moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God.” Fred Bear

oldfox
Veteran
Veteran

Postby oldfox » Wed May 22, 2013 4:13 pm

cayuga wrote:To view the new! Iink, right mouse button click holding the cursor over the link. Then from the scroll down menu select open in new windows or tab.

Thanks Dave....that seems to work!

SteveH
Contributor
Contributor

Postby SteveH » Thu May 23, 2013 9:01 am

If you have a mouse with a scrolling wheel, use the wheel to click on the link. firefox, explorer or chrome, a new tab opens.
SteveH

Omega X7
Disc Extreme

Return to “Suggestions and Comments”