CAUTION!!! - This is an open forum. The views and/or practices expressed herein are NOT APPROVED by ModernMuzzleloader.com and may be inaccurate and/or unsafe. Therefore, all information and advice provided by the participants of this forum should be considered with extreme caution and verified prior to implementation. For correct muzzleloading procedures please refer to your Owner’s Manual or contact the respective manufacturer.

T/C Strike with Leupold Ultimate Slam SABR-Best Load?

Moderator: Senior Moderators

Snug7

T/C Strike with Leupold Ultimate Slam SABR-Best Load?

Postby Snug7 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:54 pm

Thompson Center T/C Strike with Leupold Ultimate Slam 3-9 SABR. What are some of the best bullets/pellets to use for this for whitetail hunting from 0-300 yards?
The SABR can be calibrated to have the multiple reticles on target in 50 yard increments out to 300 yards. I guess the gun is considered capable of hunting to 250 yards.
I want to buy the best bullets, pellets, and primers before I go through the trouble of sighting this in.
Anyone have any advice on what I should get?

donparadowski

Re: T/C Strike with Leupold Ultimate Slam SABR-Best Load?

Postby donparadowski » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:49 pm

Snug7 wrote:Thompson Center T/C Strike with Leupold Ultimate Slam 3-9 SABR. What are some of the best bullets/pellets to use for this for whitetail hunting from 0-300 yards?
The SABR can be calibrated to have the multiple reticles on target in 50 yard increments out to 300 yards. I guess the gun is considered capable of hunting to 250 yards.
I want to buy the best bullets, pellets, and primers before I go through the trouble of sighting this in.
Anyone have any advice on what I should get?

Check out here on MM.com:

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=30196

A lot of food for thought.

Return to “Shooting Techniques and Tips”