Tru Glow sights for cva muzzle loader

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robinhood06

Reaction score
Can anyone send me a link or tell me where you can find truglow sights for this cva bear tooth magnum. I'd like to use some see through rings to have the option for pulling up fast for close shots. Does anyone have a thought or idea as to what scope and rings to achieve this? Thanks in advance.

This is just my opinion so take it for what it is worth. If you want optic and the ability to shoot fast at close shots.. I would go with a 2-7x32mm Nikon Pro Staff scope. And forget the see through rings. I have had rifles with them, and find I never use the sights.

If you set the power on 2x that gives you the ability to quick point your target (with practice) and still have the advantage of the cross hair to make a clean sure shot. If the animal is further away, you can dial up the best power possible (I like 5x) and make moderate shots. If the animal is far away, 7x is a nice power. It also has a nice field of view.

The 32mm some people do not like. But for a muzzleloader I find them about perfect. They gather more light at dusk for those deep woods shots, and are normally smaller and can be mounted closer to the barrel.

I like the Nikon because of the quality.

A little trick I do for learning to quick point a scope. On a light windy day, blow up some balloons. Go out to a field, and let one loose in the grass. As the wind moves it away, then suddenly pull up, get it in the cross hairs, and fire. You'll be surprised how with a little practice you can pull up, center that balloon and be on target. Plus in grass that balloon dances and stops all over the field.

anyone know where to get the front sight fiber INSERT IGNORE for a cva wolf, they look like the one in the link.
mine came with one, but it fell out of the front site!

bob g

Cuyuga, WOW, that balloon idea is so simple yet easy to see why it can be a great practice tool/tip.
Thanks for sharing that.

Back