Books

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lifeofriley

Reaction score
I am relatively new to shooting. Back in college I was on the trap club and I shot 22s in military class in high school but its been a while. I was wondering if anyone has recommendations on quality books to buy to go over basic principles of shooting rifles/muzzleloaders. I also just realized that shotgun I went right handed and left handed on rifle/muzzleloader, not sure if that's a good thing. I am right handed but left eye dominant.

I am the same way. (right handed, left eye dominant) The steps and procedures can vary just a bit, depending on the gun and powder/bullet combo. The "stickies" (top few posts in most categories that remain at the top, even though most haven't been posted on in a while) have most of that info pretty well covered. Most books that I know of are more directed at traditional style, and its use and care. I dont know of any books written with a more inline specific narrative, But posting any question on this forum usually gets a quick response.

Welcome. For starters how about joining the NRA and selecting 'American Rifleman' magazine? Besides picking up bits and pieces there are plenty of contacts/books if wanting to delve further.

Many owners manuals have tips on simple sight adjustments, easily online too.

Depending on your background and plans, some training is O.K.. I plan to take three youngsters to hunter safety class next month. Since I have to drive them there I may just sign up myself too. I'm not sure I have the card from back in the day, I thought I may as well renew.

There would be various types of training classes linked through an NRA membership, or the local gunshop. That could be hunting, or concealed carry and a few other types.

Latest posts

Back