T/C Strike with Leupold Ultimate Slam SABR-Best Load?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snug7

Reaction score
Thompson Center T/C Strike with Leupold Ultimate Slam 3-9 SABR. What are some of the best bullets/pellets to use for this for whitetail hunting from 0-300 yards?
The SABR can be calibrated to have the multiple reticles on target in 50 yard increments out to 300 yards. I guess the gun is considered capable of hunting to 250 yards.
I want to buy the best bullets, pellets, and primers before I go through the trouble of sighting this in.
Anyone have any advice on what I should get?

Snug7 said:
Thompson Center T/C Strike with Leupold Ultimate Slam 3-9 SABR. What are some of the best bullets/pellets to use for this for whitetail hunting from 0-300 yards?
The SABR can be calibrated to have the multiple reticles on target in 50 yard increments out to 300 yards. I guess the gun is considered capable of hunting to 250 yards.
I want to buy the best bullets, pellets, and primers before I go through the trouble of sighting this in.
Anyone have any advice on what I should get?
Check out here on MM.com:

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=30196

A lot of food for thought.

I shoot a T/C Strike using BH 209 powder and a CCI 209 primer to propel a Harvester 300 grain PT gold bullet with their black crushed rib sabot using a Zeiss Conquest 3-9x40 scope. It is a solid 200-yard shooter and if I had a conveniently located range longer than 200 yards, I’d have a longer opinion. Using that bullet, whatever deer I shot at dropped in its tracks.

OK, i think we got that from the other last 6+ posts on the topic. Not sure how bumping a 4yr old topic gets the point across any better than all the others. 6 of your last 7 posts are just a copy and paste of this one?

Latest posts

Back