TIME TO BOYCOTT STARBUCKS

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GregK

Reaction score
Starbucks
16 hours ago
Today Howard Schultz is respectfully requesting that customers no longer bring weapons into Starbucks stores, even where local laws allow. Read more here: http://sbux.co/1eNZUW2

A lot of this is done for insurance reasons. Corporate head quarters makes decisions that affect all franchises. And while I have never been in a Starbucks in my life (sheltered life here) if the store wishes to follow that train of thought, then so be it.They can face the consequences of people being offended. And further, is this action offends you that bad, then you shouldn't patronize them. Go to a McDonald's instead. Its probably cheaper. But do they really think a criminal is going to read that sign and say ... nuts! I can't use my gun to rob the place. I hold a CCW and my thoughts are, what is not seen is not of concern. It is a shame they are acting in this manner but I will bet somewhere, at some Starbucks there was an incident that caused corporate to make this ruling.

For whatever it is worth, I won't trade with McDonald's either. (Not that I buy from Starbucks, either...) Quite a few years back there were three different shooting instances in McDonalds franchises where people were shot, and each time, after the incident, McDonalds continued their policy of not letting CHL holders carry in their establishments.

The way I see it, they can either protect me while I am in their place of business or allow me to protect myself, and they have already proven they cannot do the first. So: no thank you!

I think a lot of this is more for the open carry crowd. I'm a lifetime member with the NRA, but there have been instances where some of the open carriers haven't helped our cause.

Much of the public would rather not see an AR strapped to the back of a Wal-Mart shopper. The same could be said of some open carry at Starbucks.

Yeah, They will likely say it applies to all firearm carriers. It was kinda the same outcome at Target, they seemed to start off O.K., but after a while complaints from the soccer crowd became to much. I'm not against open carry, we just have to deal with reality too.

I think liability is a biggie, we've all heard about those unfortunate accidents.

Back