MY Walker Connhound got cut

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Huntin_Dawg1215

Reaction score
My 10 month old Walker Hound jump up on the storm door and busted the window and had to go get 7 stitches in his right paw just above the pad. Scared the you know what out of me and the wife. He is resting well right now, thank the lord it wasn't any worse.

Update on my huntin_dawg. He has healed real well and is chasing every treat that you throw his way. No long term bad effects.

That is great news!!!

When my Black Labrador was a puppy... he was so accident prone, I was going crazy. He got a stick caught in his throat that he just had to carry around. I reached in and pulled that out. He walked through a campfire that we thought was out and burned his paws. Boy did he jump. And one winter when the snow drifts were too deep, he walked up on the garage roof from the drift, slipped off and cut his front leg on the steel roofing that I had to patch. But he turned out to be a great dog.

Them dogs sure grab at the heart strings. Even if they do aggravate you once in a while. Again, so glad to hear he is healthy with no ill effects.

Thanks He and i have been playing in the house this a.m. We now are both in trouble for being too rowdy. He will bea year this month.

Glad your pup is okay. Dog's can take a load of punishment some times and just seem to ignore it and get on with their activites.

I grew up in Kentucky and although I never owned treeing hounds, my grandfather always did. I never got a chance to hunt coons or foxes with them, but I've heard them running at night. Truly amazing how those dogs love to hunt.

I have hunted a lot of rabbits with beagles and that is fun albeit on a smaller scale. Once I hunted a wild boar and although the outfitter had a couple of black and tans, the best hunting dog of them all was a little beagle that just turned up at the outfitters house one day. The little dog was wild as a coyote, and according to the outfitter, no one could touch him (even the outfitter) without the dog biting you!

He sure had the heart of a hunter, though.

BuffKiller

I like most any type of dog, and this hound is not the first hound that I have had. Most have been Beagles,this is my first Walker he has turned into a very smart dog and a excellent watch,nothing goes thru the neighborhood that he don't notice it. As far as his injury now at the almost one year mark it can't be noticed, it an't slowed ol Byte down one bit. :D

Latest posts

Back