CAUTION!!! - This is an open forum. The views and/or practices expressed herein are NOT APPROVED by ModernMuzzleloader.com and may be inaccurate and/or unsafe. Therefore, all information and advice provided by the participants of this forum should be considered with extreme caution and verified prior to implementation. For correct muzzleloading procedures please refer to your Owner’s Manual or contact the respective manufacturer.

Dog Chews From Deer

For when you want to talk about man's best friend.

Moderators: VENISONEATR, Senior Moderators

muskrat30
Old Timer
Old Timer

Dog Chews From Deer

Postby muskrat30 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:54 am

Like most our dog loves a good chew, German Shepherd. We bagged a few deer over the weekend and I thought I would try to get a part to enjoy. In the past I gave her a whole leg up to the elbow, it was a bit excessive, I took it away before she ate to much at one time.

This time I took about 5" of shin bone, hair & all. I cut them off with a bone type saw. After she ate the hair & hide off she continued to enjoy it very much, nice & fresh. The bone seems very hard & durable, though my testing is still ongoing.

Just an idea if you want to see a smile on one of your best friends. She also has a smallish antler she likes, but it's a bit old and bland.
Knight SS Elite 50 cal
Knight Blued Elite 50 cal
2 Knight Blued Elite 45 cals
Knight 50 cal Mountaineer

Return to “Hunting Dogs”