Sick Pup?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rifleman

Reaction score
Lil' Sammy left a surprise last evening on the living room carpet while I was in the kitchen having some pie. It was a nasty mess, but I could not tell if it was vomit or from the other end. I think it was vomit and it had a few blades of grass in it. She acts just fine, eyes are bright and she is just as spunky as ever. No more mess's since either. I think she just ate something while out in the yard playing, like grass and stuff that gave here an upset stomach, what do you guys think?

Sometimes they eat grass to cure an upset stomach. My pup was constantly eating grass, but never throwing it up, and then I started adding some cooked vegetables to his dry food e.g. broccolli, carrots, string beans. He loves them and it seems to have slowed his consumption of grass...
It's possible a blade of grass triggered a gag reflex in your pups throat that caused her to :puke:

All dogs eat grass That is just dogs, Only suggestion is has she been wormed twice?
Redclub

I swear.. my black lab grazes. He will go in the yard and eat grass all the time. Every once in a while he too will then leave me a present on the floor. At least he heads for the back door where the tile floor is.

I've even caught him trying to chew the stuff that comes out from under neath a lawn mower when the grass was too wet and clumped under there. All my threats and whatnots will not stop him from his grazing.

I guess it's a dog thing. I even heard the same thing.. not enough roughage. So I feed him a little salad from time to time. He loves the stuff. Tomatoes are one of his favorite snack foods although he was kind enough to not help himself in the garden. He also will eat berries from the wild berry plants in the woods.

Dogs eat a lot of strange stuff. If they start eating their own stools, then you need to feed them more carbohydrates. My vet told me that. When he starts that (usually in the winter when the cold makes them burn more fuel) he gets a little rice with his meals.... just in case you run into that wonderful treat before they get too much of that in their belly and decide to leave some on the carpet for you.... :(

Vomit

Yellow vomit, brown the other end if it had grass in it it is most likly vomit. Pro

Back