A tough day

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Had to let go of my lab Jagger today. He was fifteen years old. He was a wonderful dog just like all labs. I'm really going to miss him.

There is no easy way to tell you how sorry I am for your loss. I suffered too many times through the same thing. My deepest sympathy to you and your family.

Very sorry to hear that,Have had that dreaded day myself a few times. Remember the good times.

Very sorry for your loss! When I had to put my lab Indy down 5 years ago I never knew it was possible for a grown man to cry that much. Hang in there time will make it better. Then when your ready a new pup helps fill the void.

Very sorry for you & family. Praying your joy is soon restored.
Rom 12:15

thats a tough one. a dog is a family member. Ive always had Labs, 15 years is ancient. The one before my current dog was a black lab. (most were) I bought him to hunt, but early on in training, I found out he had hip dysplasia. after a day of training, he would get so sore he could hardly move for the next day or 3. He never shied away from work, but it became obvious he just wasnt up to it. After a while, he was pretty much just a house pet, But my Father took a shine to him. Dad was already retired by then, and mostly fished and hunted. he became my dads fishing buddy, and LOVED boats. At first, he would come over the night before, or early morning to pick up the dog for fishing. It didnt take long till I just said, keep him there. and those two became inseparable. I think he lived to be 13, and when we finally had to put him down, dad was a wreck. He was a huge man, and well respected from his peers. I cant remeber ever seeing him cry, but after that, I sure did..for months. He didnt seem as upset when his mother passed, But that dog sure broke him. He never would agree to having another dog, and never did till he passed.

Sorry about your dog. One can really get attached. No matter our day, they still wag their tail and lick our face no matter how we act. Not always the same with people.

Latest posts

Back