Fiest Dog

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gunpowder

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone knows of somone in Georgia that sells fiest dogs? They are an old breed of dog - look kinda like a rat terrier - mostly used for squirrel hunting. Thanks

fiest dogs

go to the Arkansas hunting and fishing forum and ask. There are some really knowledgeable squirrel dog guys there. I see many of them after duck season riding the roads of my favorite duck area training their dogs. They are usually sold "under the tree" so you may need to travel. I usually forget what a dog cost and what I had to do to get it when she looks up at me with the special look that all dog owners know. Rambored

Why not go the rat terrior route? I've had a couple and were EXCELLENT squirrel dogs! Very good at most anything really and very intelligent to boot.

I looked them up. Kind of an interesting looking dog.

When I was growing up my buddy Stanley had a Rat Terrior and that thing was squirrel crazy. He'd run after them half way up the tree. But he sure was an independent little cuss. Not real friendly to non family members. He would not bite.. just ignored you like you were worthless.

Back