Bad news today

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doohan

Reaction score
.... .

One of our dogs has been diagnosed with cancer. He is full of it and having trouble breathing and eating.

Doesnt look like it will be long, poor guy. :(

wow... :( :( I am real sorry to hear that. I had a yellow labrador that had the same thing happen to her. It about broke my heart. I wish you the best through all this, but that is indeed some bad news...

I really hate to hear that JJ....they are all really sweet little dogs...

That is a tough thing to find out, I hope he does not suffer.

JJ...........
Man my heart goes out to you and your family. I lost one to the big C once>
She was the sweetheart of the family.

As it progresses, have mercy and do the right thing. It's hard...make sure all the family gets to say goodbye.

Can you post her picture?

Sorry to hear of the sad news. It hurts to lose a family pet that has become one of the family. It is a difficult thing to do when you know it is time and know it is the best thing to do for you and the dog. I have been thru it many times and it does not get any easier. I lost a good dog last week.

I share your pain.

Dave1

So sorry to hear Davexx1... My condolences..

Thanks for all the kind words guys. Good news is he is responding well to meds. and he is eating well and rather "normal" again. He had lost almost 7lbs and he looked really bad. Today he is active again and he takes a swim from time to time.

Scooter was our first Jack Russel. My wife surprised me with him one day.. He was a great surprise.

Here is a pic of him the first day home..

DSC00593-1.jpg

Early on, he was quite a hand full.. He got out one night and was hit by a car.. :cry: We didnt think he would make it then but he pulled through.

Here is a pic of him before he was hit.

scooter.jpg

We moved shortly after he was about 2 years old.. Our new place had 5 acres to roam and a pond to swim in.. By then we had 2 Jacks.. Scooter and Buster.

Here is scooter after he was hit.. he was just recovering..

100_0418.jpg

Here is a pic of Scooter on Christmas- 2006

He is guarding his favorite toy..
IMG_0030.jpg

Scooter always swam.. we are talking 4, 5, 6 hours a day on the weekends.. He just could not stay out of the water..

Here he is last summer chasing some geese from the pond! 8)

IMG_1116.jpg

Here is one very recent.. He had symptoms when I took this pic ...

He's the one smiling! :D

WindowsPhotoGalleryWallpaper.jpg

Over all, ole scoot has had kind of a bumpy life.. being hit by a car and a surgery or two.. Through all of his trauma he really developed a great personality and is a very loving dog. He never wanted you to be in a bad mood and he could sense it.

Our mission now is to make the best of his last days. He is responding well to meds and is back being mostly normal. He has already gained most of his weight back and he is even swimming a few times a day.

Here are the other two dogs..

Buster has the black on his head and is my shadow.

Disney422.jpg

Disney424.jpg

Buddy ...

Disney425.jpg

.. A few from this winter-

Disney437.jpg

Disney447.jpg

Disney448.jpg

Dang,,JJ... :cry: Thanks for sharing the pics. Hope Scooter has many more days to share with his loving family. Hang in there, bro.

I echo Davexx1's sentiments. On the day after Thanksgiving 2006 , we had our last dog , Annie, put down. I've had 5 dogs since the late 1950's & it doesn't get any easier when it is time to say goodbye. We decided to be dogless, at least for now. But we love to dog-sit other peoples dogs for a few days to a few weeks. It helps & we enjoy them all. But I don't know if my heart can take putting another good dog down & looking in their eyes at the end. My last ones were Brittany's & a Springer. My heart is with you & your family. All of the dog owners out there , painfully know what you are going through!!!
Art Sehnke

It's bad when any member of the family gets sick, including pets.

I am also in the same boat right now with my 11 year old choc. lab Indy. its tough and i dread the day when i have to make the decision. the one mistake i think the big guy in the sky might have made is that he should have made dogs last longer, one dog per person for there life!

dogs

Put mine down 6 years ago and i think of hoim everyday. Like yours my shadow and good n=hunting buddy!

When the time came for my dog to be put down i balled like a baby, men do cry. :cry:

Doohan,

Hope Scooter pulls through!!! He looks like a great dog and a lot of fun to have around. Glad to hear he has put weight back on.

I had to have the black lab, Shug, I grew up with put down the day before I moved from Texas to Michigan when I was 19 years old.

That was 14 years agao and I have so many great memories of her but still miss her!

Back