New ML owner

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bkmster1955

Reaction score
Just purchased CVA Optima V2 and planning to try (2)777 magnum pellets with 250Gr SST low drag sabots. Anyone using this combo.

I shot an optima but not with pellets. Also when I shoot shockwaves I like the .40 caliber 200 grain shockwaves. I have shot the 250 and it did very good. You have a good rifle.

A buddy of mine just purchased that same ML. He also bought the same bullet/pellet combo to try.
We took it to the range and it did okay with the pellets and SST's. It was doing around 2" - 2 1/2" groups at 100 yds.
I loaded it up with 100 grs of BH209,.45 cal- 260 gr Harvester PT Golds in black crushed ribbed sabots, ignited with CCI 209M primers. WOW,, that thing is a shooter. It was holding 1" - 1 1/4" groups.
The trigger on the V2 has to be one of the best factory ML triggers I have ever shot.
Like cayuga said, you have a very good rifle.

I use the same combo with w209 primers, what I have learned from this site, I pop two primers on a clean barrel to foul it up, make two shots then a wet patch and a dry then swab after two shots and shoot 1 1/4- 1 1/2 groups

I have shot the 250 grain SST/ML, using BH 209 powder @100 yards I got 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 inch groups. No reason to think that 777 won't do the same. The bullet is very accurate.

:applause: Thanks guys, just the info I was hoping for. My goal is to be able to sight in a couple of inches high at 100 yds and be good for 150 yd shot with no hold over.

Latest posts

Back