traditions pursuit g4

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

azoutback

Reaction score
Hey all, Iam new to muzzleloading, and just ordered this gun. Has anyone had any experience with it? Can it use blackhorn 209 powder? Any info would be great.

I have never seen this model pursuit. I did handle one of the older ones and it shouldered nice. Since it has a 209 ignition and a closed breech system there must be a way that Black Horn 209 could be made to shoot from it. Whether the current breech plug will do it or some modifications, I don't know. Keep us posted on how you like the rifle.

azoutback said:
Hey all, Iam new to muzzleloading, and just ordered this gun. Has anyone had any experience with it? Can it use blackhorn 209 powder? Any info would be great.

Yes! You can go read the testimonials at the Blackhorn website and about the 4th or 5th testimonial refers to a Pursuit owner with no complaints after many firings.

Enjoy your new ML.

Hey azoutback,

You can definitely use the Blackhorn 209 powder in the new G4 Ultralight Pursuit's. I'd recommend using about 110 grains of Blackhorn, behind a T-EZ or Harvester Scorpion bullet. Let me know if you have any other questions!

hey muzzle-loader,

How are those economically-priced Scorpions? It's a bullet nobody talks about, here or at HuntingNet. That's one that I'd like to see Ron test using 80 grains at 25 yards into his water-filled jugs.

I'm guessing they look similar to the XTP. The Harvester website does not show a pic of the bullet. just the top of the mushroom.

Let me guess Ron....... penetrates 2.5 jugs - flattens like a pancake - expands 1-1/2 it's diameter and loses 1/3rd of it's weight.

Anyone have any experience with barnes ez load sabots? Game and fish gave me a free pack for my hunt. Has to do with condors and lead poisoning.

Back