CAUTION!!! - This is an open forum. The views and/or practices expressed herein are NOT APPROVED by ModernMuzzleloader.com and may be inaccurate and/or unsafe. Therefore, all information and advice provided by the participants of this forum should be considered with extreme caution and verified prior to implementation. For correct muzzleloading procedures please refer to your Owner’s Manual or contact the respective manufacturer.

Using different sabots

If you've never fired a muzzleloader or relatively new to Muzzleloading and are just interested in finding out more about them this is the place to ask. Inlines, sidelocks, or smokeless, all questions are good ones! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderators: sabotloader, halloflin, cayuga, Senior Moderators

Kraig

Using different sabots

Postby Kraig » Sun May 14, 2017 5:47 am

I see a lot of guys using, for example, a Barnes TMZ or a Bloodline, but put it in a different sabot, one that is different than the one supplied. What's usually the reason for this and how do you know which sabot is not only good to use but also safe?

Thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ShawnT
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel

Re: Using different sabots

Postby ShawnT » Sun May 14, 2017 8:30 am

Some of the sabots supplied in packs are too large for some bores, so you almost need to hammer them down and others load with one finger. There are several sabots made and of different diameters. Finding the right sabot that gives the right sabot/bullet "Fit" to the bore of Your rifle will normally improve accuracy greatly. Check out this "Sticky" from the top of the Inline Forum.

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=9798
ShawnT

NRA and NAHC Life Member
Knight Ultra Light 50 Cal
Knight .54 cal MK-95 Magnum Elite Stainless Camo
2 Knight 50 cal MK-95 Magnum Elites Stainless Black
Knight KRB7 Blue/Black 50 cal.
Knight MK-85 Stalker Blue/Black .54 cal
Knight LK-93 .36 cal. Blue Black
Ridgerunner Inline.32 cal

Kraig

Postby Kraig » Sun May 14, 2017 8:08 pm

Thanks ShawnT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

muskrat30
Old Timer
Old Timer

Postby muskrat30 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:47 pm

I'm kinda picky with 'bore fit'. If it isn't to my liking, I use a different sabot. Often that is a Crush-Rib sabot from Harvestor.
Knight SS Elite 50 cal
Knight Blued Elite 50 cal
2 Knight Blued Elite 45 cals
Knight 50 cal Mountaineer

Return to “New to Muzzleloading”