CAUTION!!! - This is an open forum. The views and/or practices expressed herein are NOT APPROVED by ModernMuzzleloader.com and may be inaccurate and/or unsafe. Therefore, all information and advice provided by the participants of this forum should be considered with extreme caution and verified prior to implementation. For correct muzzleloading procedures please refer to your Owner’s Manual or contact the respective manufacturer.

I might need a 12 Step Intervention

If you've never fired a muzzleloader or relatively new to Muzzleloading and are just interested in finding out more about them this is the place to ask. Inlines, sidelocks, or smokeless, all questions are good ones! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderators: sabotloader, halloflin, cayuga, Senior Moderators

Satokad

I might need a 12 Step Intervention

Postby Satokad » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:41 pm

I can't quite explain it, but I am having way too much trouble passing up good BP deals. Today, I picked up a Traditions Pietta Navy 1851 44 Cal ReadyPak kit for $179. The package was opened for the pistol to be put in a display case, and then the capper was missing. That was marked down $100 for an open package, a missing capper, and a few fingerprints.
Before you know it, I'll be building a Black Powder lab in a trailer in the forest. Wish I had started down this road several years ago.
I will not sacrifice the idea that God is good on the altar of human reasoning in order to find an answer for what I don't understand or can't explain.

muskrat30
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: I might need a 12 Step Intervention

Postby muskrat30 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:44 am

I like firearm 'projects' too. A recent acquisition was a Browning A-5 'Mag 12' with a 32" fixed choke barrel, fine shape. The price was good. I now have the barrel sent off to be shortened, and tapped for Chokes, then bought a few 'friction' components and a spring. I guess I'm into it a bit more than the initial price.

I've had the A-5 on my radar awhile, this may scratch the itch enough. OBTW, this is a 1982 vintage gun from Japan, so not an older Belgium gun.
Knight SS Elite 50 cal
Knight Blued Elite 50 cal
2 Knight Blued Elite 45 cals
Knight 50 cal Mountaineer

BuckDoeHunter
Old Timer
Old Timer

Postby BuckDoeHunter » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:48 pm

Box up everything now! PM me for an address where everything can be disposed of properly.

Satokad

Postby Satokad » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:50 pm

I appreciate your willingness to help a stranger out. :-)
I will not sacrifice the idea that God is good on the altar of human reasoning in order to find an answer for what I don't understand or can't explain.

Squeeze
Old Timer
Old Timer

Postby Squeeze » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:25 am

:D Thats what these forums are for. Everyone here has the same problem (though some are better with self control) I think it just taps in to the obsessive compulsive human nature. Let us know how the pistol works out. A ruger old army has been on my bucket list for a while
"What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others." - Pericles

Return to “New to Muzzleloading”