CAUTION!!! - This is an open forum. The views and/or practices expressed herein are NOT APPROVED by ModernMuzzleloader.com and may be inaccurate and/or unsafe. Therefore, all information and advice provided by the participants of this forum should be considered with extreme caution and verified prior to implementation. For correct muzzleloading procedures please refer to your Owner’s Manual or contact the respective manufacturer.

What is the best load you have tried in a TC Prohunter?

If you've never fired a muzzleloader or relatively new to Muzzleloading and are just interested in finding out more about them this is the place to ask. Inlines, sidelocks, or smokeless, all questions are good ones! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderators: halloflin, sabotloader, cayuga, Senior Moderators

WPrather

What is the best load you have tried in a TC Prohunter?

Postby WPrather » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:38 pm

I know every gun is different and none shoot the same. Just looking for ideas of what has worked best for others in there Tc Ptohunter, Encore or Triumph. Putting together a have to try that list for my new Prohunter XT barrel.

muzzle-loader

Re: What is the best load you have tried in a TC Prohunter?

Postby muzzle-loader » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:44 pm

One of the best bullets that I have found for the ProHunter is the Barnes 250gr T-EZ. If you want to use pellets, I'm a fan of the IMR White Hots and generally use 100 grains. If you're using loose powder, I have not tried Blackhorn in this gun, but I know that Triple Se7en with 110 grains works really well. With primers, I almost exclusively use the Federal 209A or the CCI 209 Magnums with all of my powders. That gun should be a tack driver, so have fun and let us know what you find for a load!
Happy Hunting and God Bless,
http://www.muzzle-loaders.com/

markbl

Re: What is the best load you have tried in a TC Prohunter?

Postby markbl » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:05 pm

You will probably get some more replies from others much more qualified than me, but I will also recommend the Barnes 250 gr TEZ. I use 100 gr of Blackhorn 209 ( by volume) in my Encore and I’m very satisfied with the performance. Great results on game too.
T/C 209x50 Encore Endeavor
Leupold Ultimate Slam 3-9x40
100grs. Volume BH209
Barnes 250gr. T-EZ

Return to “New to Muzzleloading”