Cleaning barrel stained tub

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wally

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm new to muzzleoading and just started sighting mine in. Long story short, got a patch/jag stuck yesterday, after research telling me warm water and a little soak got it out. Tried again today with a different jag that had less contact with the bore, same result. Stung patch.

So my uncle saw me shooting and asked for some help installing a toilet just as this happens, so I go to the house,pull off my barrel and soak it in the tub while we do the install. Got the patch out, but now the tub has brown stains on it that aren't scrubbing out. Does anyone know how to lift the stain or what chemicals are in the powder residue that I can research how to neutralize? I only used soapy water before and a slightly oiled patch, followed by a dry one, so it's not cleaner or solvent that did it

Is it a porcelain or painted liner tub?

We use Scrubbing Bubbles Multi-Purpose spray on our tub liner and it dies a great job cleaning things up.

It's an old tub, not plastic. So if it's an enamel or porcelain I'm not 100% sure

Try Barkeepers friend scouring powder with hot water. Else soak with hot water and bleach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Soft Scrub for porcelain, if that dont remove it and it stil bothers ya replace the Bathtub :D

old thread, but sounded like the pores on the finish were wide open. I clean my barrel in a stainless steel sink.

Back