T/C Impact

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maliboy67

Reaction score
I decided to to buy an inline rifle, after doing some searching I decided on a T/C Impact.
I am using Black horn 209 and just ordered bullets from Precision Rifle bullets in western Canada. So far I'm very pleased with the results, being an accuracy nut I wasn't too sure I would be. I not only plan to hunt with it but would like to see how far I can shoot accurately. I'm enjoying the muzzle loader so much now I want a T/C Pro Hunter. I look forward to using the resources on this web forum.

Welcome Mailboy,

I've made my CF Buddies envious with the group a MZ can produce. Keep tweaking your loads and you should be able to produce MOA results.

Welcome to the forum. You have a great rifle and a good set up. I am sure that rifle will produce some excellent results for you. Keep us posted.

Glad you are enjoying your new ML. A good friend of mine has an Impact and she gets fantastic accuracy with hers. Nice affordable guns.

maliboy67 said:
I decided to to buy an inline rifle, after doing some searching I decided on a T/C Impact.
I am using Black horn 209 and just ordered bullets from Precision Rifle bullets in western Canada. So far I'm very pleased with the results, being an accuracy nut I wasn't too sure I would be. I not only plan to hunt with it but would like to see how far I can shoot accurately. I'm enjoying the muzzle loader so much now I want a T/C Pro Hunter. I look forward to using the resources on this web forum.

If you do get a Pro Hunter, there are things that can be done to the rifle to make it an EXCELLENT rifle and extremely accurate. Actually for around $35 and shipping. In most cases the rifle will shoot more accurately than the shooter.
I've shot the Encore platform rifle for years and although many refuse to pay the price for them (which is ok), its amazing what the rifles are capable of doing and with many different saboted bullets. I know many people that shoot the platform and the wouldn't give up the rifle. It appears from these shooters and personal experience, that 110grs Volume from the Pro Hunters is what most load.

Experienced shooters are shooting BH209 by weight, after using the proper conversion from volume. It will significantly reduce group size, especially at long ranges. I've been shooting BH209 since I could get my hands on it and shoot it by weight at 75grs (107grs V). If I'm having a good day, it shoots 2" to 2.5" groups all day long at 200yds with a Barnes 250gr TMZ.

Glad you're enjoying your muzz...... Fun isn't it!

Impact

Hi, welcome to the forum! There's a lot of great guys and info on here. As for the TC Impact, I shoot an Omega but have only heard great things about the Impact. Best of luck with your new toy! :D

I love my Impact. I'd be curious to follow along your load development.

Emrah

So far I have been successful with 100grs/volume of BH209 with a PR bullets extreme elite 330grn bullet and Winchester 209 primer. I have been able to shoot 3 shots into one ragged hole to 50 yards. I have to wait for better weather for longer range testing. I have been using a scope set on 3x for the load development. I just ordered a Williams peep sight and will be taking the scope off and using the peep.

I shot the PR Extreme Elite 330 for several years in a Encore and it was very accurate with 110 grains of BH209 and a W209 primer.

I like the PR bullets, I went to the range today to try my new Williams WGRS peep sight, to my surprize I couldn't get enough elevation. I called Williams when I purchased it and they assured me that it would work with my stock front sight. I guess it won't so the scope went back on. I don't mind the scope but would rather have had the peep.

I shot the PR 330 Extreme Elite over the weekend in my Knight Ultra-Lite.
I had a .75" 3 shot group with 100 grains of BH209 and a W209 Primer.
I also shot the same with with 110 grains of BH209 and had a 1.25" 3 shot group.

Latest posts

Back