Cva accura v2 whats my issue

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dieselsmoke

Reaction score
First year in muzzleloading got a great deal on a cva accura v2 .50 thumbstock
I been educating my self by reading and watching some how to videos, but I did run into some problems while sighting in the cva today and I hope someone has some ideas below is my gun info.
1- powder using 150g whitehots pellets
2- bullet 270g powerbelt platinum
3-primer Winchester triple 7
I did clean the gun before I went out shooting, soaked the breech in cva cleaner and reinstalled with breech lube.
I did not remove the firing pin but I sprayed that area with some lube which may of been a mistake ?
Today while shooting for my first time I did shoot a primer to make sure breech was cleared then installed my load
Pulled back the hammer then pulled the trigger the hammer released but only dropped 1/16 inch if that not far enough to hit the firing pin. I had to pull the hammer back and I felt it cock and it did the same thing I repeated the above steps 3 different time then finally went off. It did the about problem 60 percent of the time. I noticed if I dropped the breech and slam it closed seems like it went off with the first trigger pull.
Has anyone ever run into this problem or can give me some advise on your opinion
Btw the gun shot great except for this problem that is driving me crazy
Thanks

:think:

First off welcome to the forum :!:
Sounds to me like you have too much cleaning junk all in the trigger and firing pin spring. I would take the firing pin and spring out and clean them but this time don't spray or put anything on them. Clean out best you can the area where the firing pin goes in and clean the face of the bushing. Check out the area in front of the hammer once your rifle is cocked. Clean the breech were you screw in the breech plug. Make sure it can screw in freely and all the way down. Make sure you clean any cleaning junk build up that my have dried in the fire channel of the breech plug. You might of have put too much cleaning solutions and now it's slowing down the hammer and firing pin and spring. Hope it helps and good luck..........

Ray........... :wink:

Are you certain you have the breech plug screwed all the way in? Test it by removing the breech plug and cocking it and pulling the trigger without the breech plug installed. If it works that way you may have something keeping your plug from seating all the way down.

I have a Accura V2 .45 cal. I've tried several different setups. my problem being, the gun shoots hard right. 1st shot after cleaning is always high right. 2nd shot is normally on. I've tried different scopes and loads, but the gun always pushes the 1st shot high right. scope mounts are squared in and scope is adjusted far left. any thoughts on this... thanx

CVA ACCURA PROBLEMS

I have a Accura V2 .45 cal. I've tried several different setups. my problem being, the gun shoots hard right. 1st shot after cleaning is always high right. 2nd shot is normally on. I've tried different scopes and loads, but the gun always pushes the 1st shot high right. scope mounts are squared in and scope is adjusted far left. any thoughts on this... thanx[/quote]

Re: CVA ACCURA PROBLEMS

Droptine32 said:
I have a Accura V2 .45 cal. I've tried several different setups. my problem being, the gun shoots hard right. 1st shot after cleaning is always high right. 2nd shot is normally on. I've tried different scopes and loads, but the gun always pushes the 1st shot high right. scope mounts are squared in and scope is adjusted far left. any thoughts on this... thanx
[/quote]

Are you fouling the barrel before the first shot? I.E...At least two primers fired before loading or a squib load?

I do fire a cap through the breach plug b4 loading, and I do swab the barrel b4 loading. What would make the gun shoot so far right , that a scope would run out of adjustment b4 centering..?

Droptine32 said:
I do fire a cap through the breach plug b4 loading, and I do swab the barrel b4 loading. What would make the gun shoot so far right , that a scope would run out of adjustment b4 centering..?

Not completely sure but I fire two primers and do not swab before loading but I am shooting BH209.

I would recommend that you move off the White Hots and go to BH209. Also drop the Powerbelts. There are many more bullets and sabot combinations that are much better. Also, the CVA Optima platform is known to cause problems due to the firing pin action getting dirty and having issues. Have you taken it apart and cleaned it real good?

Back