Knight MK85, My first ML

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BoxerRider said:
Took the Knight on a range first time. I have almost full jag of Pyrodex RS that I bought over six years ago and though it would have been decayed by now. Big mistake! With 90 grains by volume and some TC saboted hollow points I had sitting around the rifle kicks like mule. I sighted scope and got some decent groups at 50 yards; This weekend will try some 100 yard shoots. I had hard time with taking plastic jackets with spent primers off the nipple - had to pry them off with screw driver and accidentally gouged the stock finish with screw driver (ouch...) Is there easy way to take spent jackets out?

I have shot pyrodex over 10yrs old with no issues (kept in climate controlled environment).

Regarding the capper tool.... the STEEL Knight version is much better than the plastic. I don't know if Knight sells them anymore. A number of places used to sell them. Maybe you can track one down.

steel capper/decapper

Maybe that one GM posted would work fine.

If anyone could send me an owners manual - I would be very grateful !
I have just bought a mint ,in the box .45 cal. with the nice walnut stock.... but no manual .

[email protected]

THANKS !!
I see that mine was made back when the Company was called
" MODERN MUZZLELOADING , INC "
..is there any way I can find out the actual year of manufacture ?
The "Knight" customer service folks don't seem to energetic about doing research .......

Post the serial number and one of the guys that has the serial number dating will tell you what year it is.

Oh man - you fellers are the greatest .......
It's like magic - I just ask a question and Ka-Pow ! ......I get my answer !!

I have (2) firearms :

The LK93902M Wolverine 50 cal./22 " Fiber-lite Ser. # 89742 Manufactured between 1993-1999 ?

The MK851 Hunter (?) 45 cal./24" barrel Ser. # 9015 ss Manufactured before 1992 ?

Thanks a million to Mike Poole , he stepped up to the plate and sent me (2) manuals and I couldn't be happier ! :applause:

Pics of the muzzle crown, hammer assembly and left rear side of the action will give some clues to a rough idea of date. There were a few changes made over the years and a few people here have a rough idea of when those changes occurred.

Thanks GM54, but I was thinking at least one person on here has a "database" cross referencing serial #'s to dates of probable manufacture .

MUZZLEMIKE said:
Thanks GM54, but I was thinking at least one person on here has a "database" cross referencing serial #'s to dates of probable manufacture .
Don't think I ever saw one for Knight published and never saw one posted from anyone here.

Latest posts

Back