Did White ever offer a thread cleaning tool?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doubless

Reaction score
I just found a Whitetail Hunter in a secondary market, and when it arrived it had what looks for all the world like a breach plug with no nipple, and there are angular grooves cut through the threads at about every 45 degrees. There is even what appears to be a flash hole through the plug just like on a regular breach plug, but there are no grind marks where the nipple would have been ground off.

Did White ever offer this as a way to clean carbon out of the breach plug threads? That is the only thing I can come up with regarding what this is...

Thanks in advance, guys.

That is exactly what you have a cleaner to remove the crud from the threads within the breech plug area. You can try emailing Steve Brown who sells parts for White Rifles at [email protected]. If he doesn't get back to you within a week or two let me know I may have an extra #11 Breech Plug I can sell ya. I'm pretty sure Steve sells the breech plugs for $30.

Have you ever seen one that White made Ed? I haven't seen them in any White material that I have....
As far as getting up with Steve Brown, he is the problem an not the solution for White, won't return emails, etc. :wall:

Steve, I know I have one of them. If I find it I'll post a picture. I know White at one time sold them. It is listed on Steve's White Part list as

Part # 00503 EasyClean Nipple Thread Tool $19.95

I have one, exactly as pictured. I believe I bought it from White while they were still making rifles or it might have been from Tom. The thread cleaner works well screw it in screw it out threads are clean. I just drop it in hot soapy water while I finish cleaning the rifle.

I knew T/C made one, but not White. I agree steel would be much better than hard plastic. I wonder if the T/C tool would fit a White or CVA, kinda doubt it!

I've got one that White sold. It's basically a breechplug with the nipple ground off, and cuts in the threads.

Latest posts

Back