i think there is a broken rod attachment stuck in my knight ML

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zymguy

Reaction score

So i pulled the rod out of my gun for the first time and discovered this. I'm pretty sure i can get the broken bolt out of the rod. I'm wondering if the remaining broken piece is in my stock? if so how to get it out?

Take the breech plug out and push the broken piece thru.
I'm guessing you pushed a dry patch into the barrel. Always use spit or solvent.

If reading post rite is it in the stock?

Give more info.

New gun or used and model

zymguy

First things first!
I'm assuming you have a frozen-shut breechplug in that Knight barrel. Is that correct?

I agree need to know if this is a new to you rifle. If the rifle is new to you then the previous owner probably just put that end of the rod down the ramrod channel. Not that many attachments will go down the channel on the rod.

But if you think it might be down in the ramrod channel just take the barreled action out of the stock. The ramrod channel is open on top under the barrel.

ive yet to put the rod down the bbl. i pulled it out from where it lives in the stock . I dont know for certain that anything is stuck in there. Something broke off the end and it sits even with the muzzle so im GUESSING that whatever attachment was threaded on is now stuck down in there.

ShawnT said:
But if you think it might be down in the ramrod channel just take the barreled action out of the stock. The ramrod channel is open on top under the barrel.

this answers my question, thank you

with out buying a screw extractor, how the heck do i get the broken threads out of the rod?

Well ive REALLY done it now, I think im going to have to buy a new rod after breaking a drill bit off

Try heating the rod with a torch a bit and then try turning the brass insert. I think those are glued in. At least one I shortened once was.

I think its similar to the sharp end of the arrow. the brass is glued (?) into the aluminum .
the rod belongs to a knight Disc extreme
ill try the heating it up advice, little concern about ruining it now.

Probably will not need enough heat to ruin it. Just get it hot. I glued one back in with Gorilla Epoxy.

Latest posts

Back