First Muzzleloader

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kansashunt

Reaction score
I'm going to get my first muzzleloader for the upcoming season. I'm looking for opinions on what models guys have had good luck with. Ideally I'd like one that I can reach out to 300+ yards with a Leupold Ultimate Slam scope. Mostly interested in a stock muzz that can accomplish this, but and simple build/upgrades would be considered. I want as accurate and as much velocity/energy as I can get. Load choice as a of now will be a Harvester bullet and Blackhorn 209. I'd like to have it set up to be capable of killing pronghorn, deer and elk.

That's a tall order for a stock muzzleloader. I would go with a custom rifle. Do some research on Custom smokeless muzzleloaders, they can shoot BlackHorn 209 great also. Look to spend somewhere around $800 - up to whatever you want.

For reaching 300+ yard one rifle, and only one rifle, in my house can, with reasonable expectations. It is factory plain; was inexpensive, and is amazingly accurate. It is a 45 caliber rifle. Not many 45 are available for purchase. Knight Mountaineer are available in a 45. Mountaineer are too heavy for me, but may work for you.

Wind is king when shooting long range with a muzzle loader

Latest posts

Back