Knight Tan Ultralite Western BP Musket cap

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baudax

Reaction score
I have the Knight Tan Ultra Lite ,a western version in .50cal. it is brand new and my first inline.
On field stripping it the BP the Musket nipple is off center. By design , but where do I index it too on reassembly.
I called Knight and was told "put it together and go shoot it". If it does not matter why is it that way?

A photo would be worth 1000 words.
Hard to imagine as parts are turned on a lathe (CNC).

I have one of those....the musket caps are much wider than say a #11 cap....the striker(firing pin) has much more room to hit the musket caps, the offset allows for the striker to hit on the edge of the offset nipple...I questioned that myself....took a bit to grasp the idea...but if your striker hit deadcenter it may actually get stuck inside the nipple and most of the ignition flame would travel around the outside of the nipple...

The diameter of the musket is much bigger than the #11...the striker hits the musket cap against the edge of the musket nipple to ignite the cap....if it were to hit the center it probably wouldn't set it off and possibly just bend the center and on the off chance get stuck....so screw it in and it shall be good to go in any direction....go shoot....

Back