Davis Point Lodge MB -2013

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mtns2Hunt

Reaction score
This is an outfitter in trouble. Nine of us went on a hunt through Cabela's and no one killed a deer over 110 if that large. (One guy did say he shot at a nice deer) Many excuses were provided such as bad winter kill, too wet a spring and they could not plant attractant crops plus I was told Alfalfa grows wild here and keeps the deer spread out.

It was a truly remote place and we did see deer but they were very small, many does and no deer in the 130 class and above. Not what one would expect after paying thousands of dollars and much time getting there and back.

The accomodations and meals were very good consisting of much wild game.

In my opinion this is primarily a bear hunting operation with deer as a sideline. The stands were excellent to very primitive. Very little effort went into preparing for the deer hunt. Guides were mainly taxi drivers that only drove hunters to fixed position stands. You could ask to change stands but the results were always the same.

Should anyone consider a hunt with this outfitter it might be benifical to wait a couple of years. It would also help if this outfitter suspended hunts for a couple of years to let the quality of deer improve. I was also told by Cabela's that the second weeks deer hunters were no more successful then the first weeks. Some of the regular hunters told me that the hunting has been going down hill for years and that they come for for the social aspect of the hunt as well as the hunt.

The above is my opinion - for more opinions and reviews just google Davis Point Lodge MB.

Back