Moose Hunt

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redclub

Reaction score
Last Fall I went on a guided Moose hunt in Sask. Canada. I hunted with Brad Des Charlais guide service and the hunting was very good but the outfitter was less than honest with some things. However the guide was outstanding and gave it everything he had or I could take. The hunt was on first nations land and we never saw another hunter. The scenery was very nice. Saw lots of deer and Elk as well as moose. (ducks by the thousands). After I shot my moose on the fourth day I had some time to kill as I had to wait for my moose to be processed. The Guide ,Merle, took me along while they hunted for themselves on the national park land (they don't hunt there own land). and that was very enjoyable. I found some big Elk and deer sheds while we were doing this.
This hunt is not very difficult and most folks would find it quite easy. One guide would drop the two of us off and pick us up a few hours later at a different location. We never hunted the same area twice. Lodging was in a log cabin and all meals were ordered off the menu at a Supper Club. Everything is included even the license.
Since last year the guide (Merle) has started his own business and has exclusive hunting rights to the reservation. There only are a small number of moose and elk permits 2 or 3 per year and a dozen or so of Deer permits. They say all shooting is very close and I can believe that however I shot my moose at about 250 yards (very easy with a 300 wthy)
but the guide wanted to get closer. I would recommmend this hunt if you want a easy hunting experience. (you will walk a lot) with a high rate of success. I plan on going back.
Redclub. Website is WWW.chiefwhitebearoutfitters.com

Back