my new duck boat

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UtahRob

Reaction score
I bought this last winter for duck hunting , used trailer and used evenrude 8hp . Its my first motor boat . i was using a kayak but paddling it was hard on my back . Plus i didn't have room for my Lab , but now i do . :D

http://www.youtube.com/user/rgkempton#p/u/3/aNJs7PIqN80

kayaksled.jpg

largphotoG3Jonboat.jpg

That is a nice set up. So you hunt out of the actual boat or go to a blind?

cayuga said:
That is a nice set up. So you hunt out of the actual boat or go to a blind?

i have camo cover for the boat , so i hunt out of it . this week was the first time i used it for ducks . I do wish i had a bigger motor , as 4dz decoys my son 6'4 me 6'5 and my lab loaded it down and i was sure pushing water .

I have always liked the Black Labrador Retrievers for duck hunting. Although I had a Yellow Labrador that was no slouch either. I watched your video and had to kind of laugh because I used to have to do the same thing.. talk to the dog. My large black male would get so excited about being in the boat that he'd want to pace back and fourth, and try for a drink of lake water. He'd finally figure out by the tone of my voice, I was getting upset with him.. then he'd curl up and lay quiet in the boat... just watching the sky.

I used to do a lot of blind hunting also. Me and three others leased a marsh/corn field from a farmer over a fly way. And would spend hours out there watching the geese and ducks fly over. But when we'd get a nice thick fog roll in.. I would head to that blind because I knew they'd be coming in low. And I always got a real pleasure watching the dogs retrieve for some reason. Especially in the water. My large black lab would be ordered to retrieve, and he'd charge that lake.. and then swim out.. It was beautiful to watch.

Latest posts

Back