First Time Out 2015

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score

I shot these three this morning with the White Thunder .12 ga. my favorite squirrel killer!! Its finally starting to cool off somewhat...

Looks like a morning well spent!

I get a good pattern at 30yds and can hold right on at that range without tearing up much meat. Under that I have to watch and hold off to the side of the head to hit the side of the pattern. These weren't hurt much at all couple pellets to the head and chest did them in. I use #6 magnum shot 1 1/8oz with a shotcup/wad and 75gr of 2Fg T7. Amounts to roughly a high brass factory load that squirrels can't hide from.

Man you're sure having fun. Nice harvest. :yeah: I can't wait to get out next week.

I have to take the other half to the beach next week and won't get out again till last week of Sept. Still have one more farm woods I haven't been in yet and no body hunts squirrels that I know of. Bow season comes in Oct. 3rd then its onto bigger game!! 8)

Nice Brace of Nut Eaters! :yeah: Good hunting. You must have a Honey Hole some where.

Wish I could go back out but it will be after Deer season in December for me. :cry:

Just farm lot woods Shawn. I do have several tho..Bushytails are plentiful this year. If I don't see many in a woods I leave them alone so they can multiply for the next year, seems to be working so far.

Back